705 LAFAYETTE STREET
CAPE MAY, NJ 08204
Dog Park License Fees: Seasonal - $20.00 Weekly - $10.00
Applications and Park Tags may be obtained from the Cape May City Clerk's Office located at
643 Washington Street in Cape May.
To print the Dog Park Application Form Click Here
Completion of the application form with the required license and vaccination information listed. All dogs are required to have both a current license issued by a municipality and a current rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed veterinarian. Additionally, each applicant will be required to read the "Rules & Regulations" and then sign the "Acceptance of Risk & Release of Liability Waiver Form".
- The City of Cape May Dog Park is open from dawn to dusk, seven days a week.
- Dog owners must apply annually for and obtain a dog park tag and Keepers must have their tag visible at all times.
- Children under the age of 18 are prohibited in the Dog Park unless they are accompanied by an adult and no children under the age of 10 are allowed inside the fence.
- No smoking, alcohol, food, or glass containers are permitted in the Dog Park.
- Keepers must immediately report any dog bites or unlicensed dog park users to the City of Cape May Police Dept. (609) 884-9500 or 911.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited in the park. Dogs that become aggressive or uncontrollable must be immediately leashed and removed from the Dog Park.
- Keepers must clean up after themselves and their dogs.
- Dogs are the only animals that Keepers may bring to the park.
- Dogs must wear collars with valid Dog Licenses. No choke collars or prong collars are permitted.
- No more than two dogs per Keeper are permitted in the Dog Park at one time.
- The owner of any dog assumes all liability for damages suffered by anyone who is bitten or injured by the dog while utilizing the Dog Park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No unattended dogs are permitted in the Dog Park at any time. Abandoning dogs in prohibited by law.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times except when within designated free run areas.
The Cape May City Dog Park is managed by the Cape May Dog Friendly Association working in conjunction with the City of Cape May to operate and maintain the Dog Park on an annual basis, pursuant to regulations in Ordinance 145-22.