REGULATIONS FOR LOW SPEED VEHICLE IN THE CITY OF CAPE MAY
Thank you for choosing Cape May for your vacation destination whether you are visiting for the first time or returning to the island. The City is approximately 2.5 square miles so is relatively easy to navigate whether it be by car, bike or LSV. We want you to enjoy your time with us but would like for you to be aware of some of our local regulations regardless of your mode of transportation.
PLEASE NOTE: SPEED LIMITS VARY
- Most Streets are 20 MPH
- Narrow Streets are 15 MPH
- These Streets are 25 MPH: Lafayette St., Pittsburgh Ave., Beach Ave., Madison Ave., Broadway & Mt. Vernon Ave.
*BEWARE OF THE VARIOUS SPEED LIMITS WHILE DRIVING IN THE CITY.
Renting or using an LSV while in the City of Cape May? Then please read and follow these regulations:
1. Watch and abide by posted speed limit signs.
2. Come to a complete stop at stop signs.
3. Do not turn on red unless it is permitted at the intersection.
4. Yield to pedestrians.
5. Child restraint requirements are the same as those used in passenger vehicles and must be utilized when a child is in the LSV.
6. You must be a licensed driver in order to operate an LSV.
7. You are subject to the same regulations as a motor vehicle when driving an LSV. This includes utilizing seat belts, child restraints, maintaining speed limits as posted and not to operate the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Thank you for visiting and we hope you enjoy your time in our beautiful town. We want to ensure the safety of all of our residents and guests so all regulations will be strictly enforced. Your cooperation is much appreciated!